Monday, August 24, 2009

Carson's 1st Birthday and our Little Ballerina!

Our Little Ballerina! We signed her up for a ballet/tap class this summer at the community center on base to try it out. Needless to say she LOVES it! She was so excited when we went to go get her leotard, tights and shoes. She wanted to put them on everyday and slept in her ballet shoes the first day we got them, refusing to take them off. Now, I can at least get them off of her, but she still loves to put on her dance stuff and go to class or just dance around the house. I just hope she keeps this excitement for dance as she gets older.
Wearing Mommy's boots. We thought she resembled a duck. She is always putting our shoes on.

And he is one! I can't believe our little boy is a year old now. I feel like we just had him. As I reflect on this past year I think, where did the time go? Carson is so full of energy and life. He loves to laugh, especially at Bella and is always on the move. He isn't walking quite yet, but could probably put most crawlers to shame, he has got to be up there for world's fastest record! He is also quite the climber and seems to have no fear, just like a boy! He is our tiny munchkin, weighing a whopping 17.5 lbs on his first birthday. He is healthy and happy though, just small. Carson is also a screamer, a habit we are working at daily to overcome and keep our hearing intact. He just gets frustrated easy, hmmmm....who else does that sound like. I guess he inherited more that just his good looks from his daddy :) He is our little Josh, literally and we love him so much. Our family is growing and he just fit right in like he has always been with us. It like your heart just grows with each child. You think, how could I love another just as much as this one, then you just do. You love every little hair, finger, toe and all the little things about them that make them so unique and special. It is an amazing feeling to experience as a parent and irreplaceable. We truly have been blessed by our Heavenly Father with amazing healthy children and look forward to seeing our little man continue to grow, change and find his place in this world.


Opening the presents is always more fun than the actual gift. He loves to rip, big shocker I know. We kept having to pull him back to see what was actually inside each present.

Bella is helping out, as all older siblings do!

He got these great balls from Nonna that each make a different noise when you roll/shake them. He loves things that make noise so got a kick out of them.




His dinosaur cake that Bella insisted he wanted. They didn't have dinosaur cakes at the store so they just made us a great landscape and we added our own dinosaur. He didn't quite fit so he is climbing up the cake instead. I thought it came out pretty cute though!

Yummmmy! He dug in pretty quick.
Don't you just love first birthday cake pictures! I do!



Squish! Squish!

After eating most of it I guess he decided he had enough and got really mad. You can almost hear the scream in this picture. Yes, it is as ear piercing as it looks :)

Nothing the all too great paci couldn't fix!

Happy as can be again and covered with green icing!
Bella making a little mess of her own with her piece of cake.At dance class having a ball.


Listening to the careful instruction of her teacher.....yeah right :)

All princess's wear combat boots right? Well, ours apparently do!
Nothing like trying to walk gracefully in boots that weigh almost as much as you do.

2 comments:

Jaya said...

OH SO CUTE! Your kids are sooo grown up and you adults look like you're enjoying all of it! How fun! Thanks for sharing!

J.D.Z.M.B said...

All the pictures are so cute! I just love the pictures of Carson enjoying his cake! On a side note I keep meaning to ask you for you email address, mine is DanaBethM@gmail.com if you wouldn't mind sending yours to me that would be great! By the way how are you feeling? Are you into your second tri yet?