Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Spouses Appreciation Night with the Squadron

The Wing threw a spouses appreciation night "Dining In" as they call it. Basically a dinner where all the different squadrons from the wing get together to celebrate being an Air Force spouse. Each squadron had to decorate a table, come up with costumes and a skit. They awarded each category. We had a lot of fun. I don't always make it to these events but I am trying harder to do so. I know it is important to be involved, sometimes it is just hard to with little ones. I am so glad I went to this though. The costumes were great and the skit turned out to be pretty fun...we actually won best skit. Basically we dressed up in "flight skirts," or we took our husbands old flight suits and cut them off into dresses. Being pregnant it wasn't quite as flattering on me as other girls, but we looked pretty good anyways. Our squadron colors are red and black so we paired them with some fun tights. For the skit we basically just marched in place and did a little sound off dity that one of the spouses wrote. We actually marched together after some practice and sounded pretty good. Here are some shots of our beautiful table that celebrated great women of history and our group.

No comments: