Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter and More!

Okay, so I think it is time to do something with this blog. We have had it for a year and just keep putting off doing something with it. Josh got so fed up trying to make it perfect and start from where we first met that he stopped. So here is my shot....instead I will start from this present time and just continue from here. Maybe at some point I can convince him to finish his post because it is a wonderful documentation of our past. I just love looking at everyone's blogs and keep telling myself, wouldn't it be nice to have the same for our family. We are in Alaska for crying out loud! Beautiful, but so out of touch with the lower forty-eight and our beloved family. So here we go....wish me luck!

I am going to start with this past Easter and just prior. We were able to go have our first mushing experience. They came to the base and gave rides around this lake. It was really neat to experience their power and love of what they do. The dogs were so excited and happy. Isabella loved it and cried when she couldn't go again.



So now, Josh is gone...again! Okay, so I am really doing fine, but tell you what, between potty training, ear infections, fevers and teething, we definately need Daddy back. I miss him dearly, especially at Easter, but I did my best to make it nice for the kiddos. On Saturday I gave the kids their Easter baskets and hid eggs around the house for Bella, not once, not twice, but FOUR times...upon her insistence of "Mommy, hide them again!" It was fun watching her though, she had a great time. Carson was oblivious to all but trying to shove plastic eggs in his mouth.




Bella is getting to be such a big girl now. She talks so good, comes out with these big words and adult sentences, which she indoubtably picks up from me. She is constantly mimicing things I say to her, sometimes good, sometimes not so good! Her new thing is telling me what is "Disgusting!" or "I told you...(insert numerous things here)!"I can't help but laugh at the drama of it. She is almost fully potty trained. If we can just get her to poop in there we wil be all set....I know, probably too much info, but that is my main focus these days.


Carson is getting big too, well he is actually on the small side the doctors say, as was Isabella, but big to me. He is pulling up on the bottom stair and wants so bad to get up those stairs. It is only a matter of time. He "swims" across the floor, which is his form of crawling. He pushes up with his arms then pushes forward with his feet, keeping his tummy on the ground. He doesn't care, it gets him around and is incredibly funny to watch. Some say it resembles the butterfly stroke! He loves his big sister and gets a kick out of her constantly laughing at her, and she absolutely loves the audience. My heart just warms and grows seeing them have fun together, it is an indescribable feeling, I know you other mom's know what I mean.




So, that is us right now, just waiting for this snow to melt so we can enjoy being past break-up, Alaska's muddy, ugly excuse for spring, and on to hiking, camping, fishing and anything else this beautiful place has to offer.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love it, your blog is quite fantastic! Mine is private, so just send me an email of which email address you are logged in google with and I'll send an invite to that one, or else it's a pain to log in another account, as Lyndsay Johnson. Anyway, I love it and you need to let me know who you did the dog mushing with, I wanted to this last winter but never got around to it (especially one that was affordable).